About This Course
What is First Aid At Work training?
This 3-day (or 2-day refresher) first aid course is a Level 3 RQF Award and recommended by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Upon completion, this makes you a fully qualified first aider with the skills to deal with any situation.
This course is Ofqual Accredited.
Our first aid at work courses provides the training, assessment and certification to become a qualified first aider if your assessment shows the need for a first aider in the workplace.
Alongside meeting these requirements, you will also be equipped with the knowledge and skills to administer a wide variety of first aid techniques in the workplace with confidence – from treating minor wounds to saving the lives of colleagues in life-threatening situations.
The course is HSE recommended and complies with Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations and the approved code of practice L74 guidelines for the qualification of workplace first aiders.
- Principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection
- Basic life support (CPR & use of an AED)
- Breathing management
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Assessing and treating wounds & bleeds
- Treating anaphylaxis
- Treating shock or sudden poisoning
- Treating burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Treating common major and minor illnesses
- Managing asthma attacks and choking
- Fractures, dislocations, and head injuries
- Managing epilepsy and diabetes
- Record keeping and equipment use
- Legal aspects and secondary surveys
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who want to receive our most thorough first aid training. It is most suited to those working in high-risk environments, such as building sites or warehouses.